Have fun again

So, I've been sensing it's that time again to go spend the afternoon with Papa and get a fresh word for my soul and body. Earlier this week, after a particularly rough week and weekend with our boys my wife pops into my office and asks when I'm going. I respond "later this week probably." She moves in closer wearing a serious caring look and asks - can you get out this afternoon?  She has a long track record of being intuitive and wise, and I realize if she think I need to go out this afternoon, I need to go out this afternoon.  I make plans and head out.
The following is the conversation I had that afternoon with my Papa, the Great I AM, and Lord and Savior.

Journal Date: 5/13/19

You are God, and I am not.

I know you love me.
Help me with the boys.  Jesus I am scared they will not have the work ethic to stand out in their generation who need good examples.   They won't list to, or ask for advice, or do what they are asked to do without a fight. 
I feel like I'm failing them, they don't respect themselves, me, my wife or anyone else.
I feel like I'm failing You by not preparing them for this world.

Joey, you were not prepared before we met, and you still struggle to this day - even right now!  My son, it's not about preparing them for the world, it's about preparing them to meet Me.
Pray for them.

Love them.
Help them when they ask.
Sing with them,
Laugh with them,
Cry with them.
Have fun doing whatever you do and they will want to be a part of it.  Have fun again Joey, you used to be so good at it. :-)


How He can be convicting without even a hint of condemnation amazes me every time, and changes me in wonderful ways.  Thank You Papa for gifting me with a wise and intuitive wife, and for giving me a new word to stand on that breathes life into my soul. I love you Jesus!

Comments

Popular Posts