The song was "You make me brave" by Amanda Cook & Bethel, the verse was the second part of 4 "...HIS faithfulness will be YOUR shield and rampart."
- Strict or thorough in the performance of duty.
- True to one's word, promises, vows, etc.
- Steady in allegiance or affection; loyal; constant.
- Reliable, trusted, or believed.
- Adhering or true to fact, a standard, or an original; accurate
- a large piece of metal, wood, etc., carried by someone (such as a soldier or police officer) for protection
- protect (someone or something) from a danger, risk, or unpleasant experience.
- something that defends or protects someone or something
- a police officer's badge
- a defensive wall of a castle or walled city, having a broad top with a walkway and typically a stone parapet.
- fortify or surround with or as if with a rampart.
Our protection from the world is trusting in His Faithfulness, that He is true to His Word, reliable always, despite what it looks like in the natural. When we allow ourselves to trust completely in His faithfulness, surrendering our need to understand, with no backup plan, He is our Shield and Rampart.