That's all you have to do with Me

A couple of evenings ago as the family was walking into the house from the busyness of life, our oldest son noticed a sticker on his younger brother's folder that looked a lot like one of his. Not knowing the younger had earned the sticker at school that day, immediately and without asking, he tore it off his brother's folder and took off to his room.  As the younger witnessed this atrocity, he began screaming and crying and hitting, chasing the older all the way to the older's room, where he then stood throwing a huge fit and demanding the sticker back.

As I calmed the younger down, I told him again there is no need in throwing a fit, with the yelling, screaming, hitting and crying.  All he had to do next time when someone takes something away from him is to come let me or mommy know what happened, and we will get it back, we will make it right. His tears tried up and he began to smile.  It ended up being a teaching moment for both the older and younger, and the younger got his sticker back.

As my wife and I were later talking about the drama and how it all went down, I felt God tap the ears of my heart as He whispered "my son, that's all you have to do with Me when someone takes something away from you. I am more than capable, and very willing."

Help me Lord God, to run to You first with my every need.  Let me come with a mighty faith of expectancy, but completely empty of all expectations.  Give me the strength to wait on You.  Let me see from Your perspective.

ADONAI will do battle for you. Just calm yourselves down!
Exodus 14:14  The Complete Jewish Bible

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not rely on your own understanding;
think about Him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV


“I don’t think the way you think. The way you work isn’t the way I work.” God’s Decree.
Isaiah 55 8-12  Message

Comments

Popular Posts