September 6th 2015

I got up early to spend time with God, and I sensed He wanted me to read one of my old journals.  I just picked a page blindly, opened and started reading - it was September and October of '09.  We had just gone through our second presbytery and I was in one of the most spiritually sensitive times in my life.  As I read the pages I remembered how passionate I was to know God more.  A sadness started coming over me because I didn't feel that intense passion I did back then, and that's when I heard God whisper "don't compare where you are now with where you were then.  You surrendered your life to Me Joey, TRUST I know what I'm doing."

Wow.  An incredible peace came over me, and I realized He has me in a season of rest.  He will call me to a season of intense growth in Him again, it's just not today.

Be joyful always, Pray continually, Give thanks in every circumstance; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.  - 1 Thess 5:16-18

Comments

Popular Posts