He wants our Love

For most of my life I have been an easy target for the enemy's lies, especially the lie
I'm not "______" enough for God to love me.
Fill in the blank with whatever insecurities are manifesting that day - good, smart, caring, kind, wise, qualified, dedicated to Him, committed to Him, a Bible scholar, good enough steward, etc. Believing these lies keep ME trapped from RECEIVING His love for me. Without a fresh daily filling of His Love I get tricked into climbing into His Judgment Throne.  I start forming judgments about this situation, that situation, this person, that person, myself, even the weather - as if judging were my main function in life. 

He reminded me this morning of His relationship with Adam and Eve. He didn't expect them to memorize every conversation they had with Him so they would be ready to recruit other people into His Garden; He just desired for them to show up, to hang out and talk to Him about their day and hear about His to know Him.  He loved talking and walking with them, spending time with them as He does US still today.  Judging is not in the job description He created for us, even judging our own self worth. 

Lord help me stay off Your Judgment Throne today and just show up to talk and walk with You.  Help me to receive all the love, encouragement and direction You have for me this day, and continue to fill me as I pour what You give me into others You bring to my path today. Give me eyes to see and ears to hear Your desires for this day.

Ten Ways to Love
1. Listen without interrupting
2. Speak without accusing
3. Give without sparing
4. Pray without ceasing
5. Answer without arguing
6. Share without pretending
7. Enjoy without complaint
8. Trust without wavering
9. Forgive without punishing
10. Promise without forgetting

Comments

Popular Posts