We need Vision - get a Word

Galatians 2:20  I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ in me. This life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself up for me.

I've been complaining and murmuring a lot lately about how God is executing the plan He has for my life, and I hate that I'm doing it. I'll catch myself and repent only to catch myself a little later doing it again. What we are going through right now in many areas of our lives seems difficult and burdensome. Life feels hard right now, like we are on our own without His favor and even attention.

Then last night I watch The Shack.  I've read the book and seen the movie several times in the past, but wow! It was exactly what I've needed for the past few weeks.  As much as it pains me to say, I've been doubting God.  Doubting His Goodness, that He sees and loves me, that His promises are for me, and that all of this is part of His plan for my good, and the lives of those He's blessed me to be in relationship with. Papa, forgive me for desiring the easy path that leads me away from dependence on You. As I recall so many stories in Your Word of the prophets, kings, Your Son, and His followers, You do not call us to an easy life. You say follow Me and I will give you rest, and I know that "rest" is real because I've lived there when I hear Your voice and trust You've got me. Life starts feeling hard when I forget, when I start making back-up plans to escape the mess "I see" before me, all around me. Life starts feeling hard when I stop purposefully seeking Your vision and council about my day ahead. Help me let go again my Lord God of control of my life to You. Forgive us, Your sons and daughters for sitting in Your seat. Give us vision for what You want us to see today and a Word from You that renews our spirit with hope.

Comments

Popular Posts