Faith to Confidence

I was driving the family home from east Texas the other night, listening to a talk show and the radio personality said something that quickened my spirit. He was answering a caller's question and then describing the differences between having faith in a quarterback, and having confidence in him - how the two are similar, but so different. As a Cowboy Fan I knew what he was talking about having suffered through wondering which Romo is showing up from quarter to quarter. Having faith in Tony as a quarterback is pretty easy because I've been witness to some of his incredible athletic plays, quick reactions, vision and good decision making. But do I have confidence in him? Well, ah, mmm, I wish I did. I want to. But, unfortunately, I've also been witness to some serious screw-ups, horrible vision and reckless decisions. Confidence takes a proven track record of consistency.

As I was pondering the question I felt the Lord God ting me so clearly - He wants to move us from Faith to Confidence in Him. It almost took my breathe away as my spirit jumped and my mind raced contemplating the depth of what He just deposited in me.

Jesus says in John 17:3 "Now this is eternal life: that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent."

The more I desire to know my Lord God, the more I journal my prayers, my conversations, and His responses.  The more I journal, read, and listen, the more I know Him.  That He is trustworthy always.  That He is always good.  That nothing catches Him by surprise, nothing is beyond His ability and He is working all things to my good - whether I can see it or not.  That I am His son, and He is my Dad.

I'm realizing I'm not going to be able to figure out "how" He's going to work it all out - I just know He will.  He's bigger than my inability to ____.  (whatever the enemy is trying to get me to believe today)

Confidence.  Lord, may it be unto me as You have said.
In Him, and all in!

Comments

Popular Posts