What should we do in our own intelligence?


Holy Spirit has been working on this in my heart lately –

Do I really need a Savior today?  Let’s take eternity (after death) out of the picture for now and really ask ourselves the question – do I need a Savior today?  Did I need one at any point yesterday?  What does needing a Savior even look like to us Americans?  We say we do, we sing we do – but throughout the day, what do we REALLY think we can’t do for ourselves?  
Why do we need His help with everything - He gave us a brain, right? 
How’s that going?  
Is there peace in the storms, or worry?

In the Lord’s prayer Jesus says “Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.”
Throughout the gospel Jesus says “the Kingdom of heaven is near!”

Are we living in the Kingdom Jesus proclaimed, suffered for, died, was buried and rose again for? 
Can we live in the Kingdom in our own wisdom?
Can we live in the Kingdom without every step being led by Holy Spirit?
What does that look like in scripture?

John 5:19 Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.”  (John 5:30, 6:38, 7:16, 8:28, 12:49, 14:24)

Really?  JESUS chose to do nothing by himself?  He had a brain didn’t He?   Do you think He at least had an average IQ?  
He says He did Nothing by himself.
Why is our tendency to make Jesus more like us, than us more like him?

Is there a theme within His Word asking us to rely more on ourselves or less?
Why is this so hard to walk?

Oh how many times am I my own pathetic savior!  Lord forgive me for idolizing my own wisdom!  Change me from the inside out.
In Him, and all in!

Comments

Popular Posts